WebSked is an Internet website that integrates with EPSKED, the emergency physician scheduling program. Together, they simplify schedule creation, schedule maintenance, and generation of accurate payroll information, allowing your scheduling to become automated from beginning to end. Interactive tutorials on how WebSked works are available online, and we are continuing to add new features to make scheduling even easier.
- The schedule administrator uses EPSKED to create a request schedule and publishes it to the WebSked site. All providers are automatically notified by email from WebSked that the request schedule is available. A hyperlink is included in the email; clicking on the link that takes the provider directly to their personal request schedule in the WebSked website.
- Using WebSked, providers indicate their availability for days and shifts in the schedule, either as "need off" (they absolutely cannot work that day or shift) or "wish off" (they can work, but only if needed to fill the shift). Preset "reasons" for requesting the shift off can also be selected (such as Vacation, CME, Personal) and used for summaries. Providers can also request to be scheduled for specific shifts and provide a reason for that request. As the "due date" selected by the schedule administrator approaches, providers who have not entered their requests can be reminded by daily emails automatically sent from WebSked.
- The schedule administrator downloads all requests from WebSked to EPSKED and uses EPSKED to create a schedule. If desired, the scheduler can upload a "Draft" copy of the completed schedule to WebSked, allowing providers to comment on the schedule before it becomes finalized.
- The schedule administrator publishes a final "as scheduled" copy of the schedule from EPSKED to WebSked. This schedule in Websked becomes the official schedule, readily available to scheduled providers and designated administrative persons who need access to the schedule.
- Both the schedule administrator and the scheduled providers can initiate changes to the schedule, with WebSked allowing shifts to be split, traded, or given away. A handy Swap Meet feature provides a centralized forum for keeping track of shifts that are available for rescheduling, while WebSked maintains an accurate and up-to-date schedule that reflects all changes.
- Once the schedule has been worked and providers have confirmed their worked hours, the schedule administrator downloads the "as worked" schedule back into EPSKED for generation of exact summary and payroll information as needed.
- Detailed cumulative summaries are available at any time from EPSKED, and can be published to WebSked.